Top 10 Things to do in Glenwood Springs on Spring Break
It’s spring in the Rockies and the weather in Glenwood Springs couldn’t get any better! With blue skies and brilliantly sunny Colorado days, there is plenty of fun to be had in Glenwood for spring breakers. If you’re looking for something special, we’ve got you covered:
1. Glenwood Hot Springs Pool – A Glenwood Springs icon since 1888, the World’s largest hot springs pool is right here! Let the kids splash around while you enjoy some relaxing moments in these soothing and restoring waters. Take advantage of one of our Glenwood Springs Lodging specials for a great value!
2. Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park – The Glenwood Canyon Flyer opens on March 21st weather permitting! Fun for the whole family, like nothing you’ve ever encountered before! This is high adventure at its best.
3. Skydiving with Roaring Fork Skydivers – Glenwood Springs recently became the 5th tandem skydiving dropzone in Colorado. You can now enjoy views of the Continental Divide from a whole new perspective. Tandem trips depart right from the Glenwood Springs Municipal Airport!
4. Hike Hanging Lake – There is nothing like the pure beauty of these crisp mountain lakes. Hanging Lake is certainly a wonder and well worth the trip. It’s a heart pumper so make sure you bring your water bottle!
5. Ski Sunlight Mountain – One of the best things about springtime in the Rockies is that you can often ski, bike, fish, golf ALL in the same day. Take the crew to Sunlight for a few runs – it’s a super fun, family-friendly, mountain with old school charm.
6. Bike the Rio Grande Trail – The bike trails in Glenwood Springs are fantastic. Clip in and ride all the way to Aspen if your heart so desires! This 44 mile stretch of well-maintained, paved trail is a delight.
7. Go Get Some Tasty Bites – Glenwood Springs has become a mecca for delicious dining options! Take a walk downtown and see what we’ve got to offer.
8. The Vaudeville Review – Big, barreling belly laughs will be had by all at this family-friendly variety show. You won’t be sorry you decided to give it a try!
9. Go Fish – With two rivers in town (the Colorado and the Roaring Fork) and Colorado’s longest stretch of Gold Medal water, Glenwood Springs is nationally recognized as a fishing mecca.
10. Grab a Round of Golf – If the weather is cooperating, the local golf course is open. Stunning views and crisp, mountain air – what more can you ask for?
So what are you waiting for? Take advantage of one of our Glenwood Springs Lodging Deals to get perhaps the best value for fun in town. We can’t wait to greet you! Call our frontdesk today to find out how we can help craft your perfect Glenwood Springs vacation – (800) 626-0609.