5 Cool Things to Do on a Hot Summer Day
The dog-days of summer are here and it is HOT HOT HOT. Here are some ideas for your family (beyond going to the Hot Springs Pool) that should cool them off.
- Eat a Frozen Treat — Try Sweet Adventures for a cool ice cream treat.
- Go for a Hike — Try the No Name Creek Trail or the Grizzly Creek Trail. Both of these follow creeks and have heavy tree cover…a shady and cool hike. Bring your fly-rod if you like to catch trout. (see map below)
- Go to the river for a swim. Here are three places you can swim in the river (see map below)
- Devereux Road — has some sandy beaches and nice swimming holes on the Colorado.
- No Name — a giant swimming hole, popular with rafters, where No Name Creek empties into the Colorado River.
- Mountain Market — An easy access point to a section of the Roaring Fork river that is fun to swim. A 5 minute walk from the parking lot down to the “beach”.
- Go Rafting… or kayaking or paddleboarding. Ask us at our front desk if we have any deals or coupons for Glenwood Adventure Company or Whitewater Rafting
- Play Mini Golf — Johhnson’s Mini-Golf has a shaded putting area with fountains and water sprays.
Stay with us! Check BEST WESTERN Antlers rates and reservations online or call us directly at (800) 626-0609.